On the second day of the Specialty Food Association’s Fancy Food Show, I realize there are a lot of products based on ginger:
● Lark Fine Foods’ Mighty Gingers – part of its Cookies for Grownups Line
● Theo Chocolate’s Gingerbread Spice Chocolate Bars
● Molasses Spice Cookies (with Ginger) offered by Grey Ghost Bakery
● Stonewall Kitchen’s Gingerbread Syrup
The other thing I notice are brownies – not just traditional brownies – but crunchy brownie products: Sheila G’s Brownie Brittle and Seth Greenberg’s Authentic Brownie Crunch.
Of the (many!) products I sampled on Day 2, these are real standouts:
● Somebody’s Mother’s White Chocolate Sauce (with Pear William)
● Margarita Sandwich Cookies from Vanilla Bean Unique Cookies – a shortbread sandwich cookie with a lime buttercream filling (with Tequila)
● Jeni’s Roasted Strawberry Buttermilk Ice Cream – this is a limited edition flavor offered once a year – the strawberries are hand cut
I look forward to next year’s Fancy Food Show!
it all sounds interestingly delicious
sounds interestingly delicious
Love the margarita cookies at Vanilla Bean. They hooked me for life with those creations 😉
Agreed – they are delicious!! Please stay tuned for my next posting, which focuses on cookies. Vanilla Bean Unique Cookies, and more specifically the Margarita Sandwich Cookie, will be profiled.