The Specialty Food Association’s Fancy Food Show is North America’s largest specialty food event. In addition to desserts — my reason for attending — it also covers cheese, sauces, coffee & tea, snacks, spices, and a variety of other specialty foods.
This is what caught my eye (and taste buds!) on the first day of the show:
Desserts and other products with bananas – I noticed a few:
● Phin & Phebes’ Banana Whama Ice Cream
● Chocolate Banana Jam from Stonewall Kitchen
● Rodgers’ Banana Pudding Sauce
● Banana Slims Dessert Crackers from Trump Foods
● And combining bananas with another ingredient that was well represented at the Show — peanuts — PB Crave’s CoCo Bananas Peanut Butter
The pairing of white chocolate with novel ingredients:
Chamomile & Honey Organic White Chocolate Bar (from The Tea Room) and Stonewall Kitchen’s White Chocolate Fig Sauce
To be expected, there are many gluten-free offerings
Of the (many!) products I sampled, these three are real standouts:
● Macadamia & Milk Chocolate Laceys from Desserts on Us – thin macadamia wafers sandwiched with milk chocolate
● Three Twins’ Butterscotch Pecan Ice Cream
● Bourbon Barrel Cake from Kentucky Woods – this is a brown sugar and chocolate bourbon cake with maple, caramel, and walnuts
I look forward to Day 2 of the Fancy Food Show!